If you are running a Small Business, Before you hire an Accountant (Part-time or Full Time), there are some key skills you should be looking for. Many of us hire a candidate merely because he can work on Tally. Though its nice to find someone who can work on a software, It is not the key to hiring.
Find below a list of Basic minimum skills to expect:
- He should be able to reconcile the Bank Statements with your Bank Book every month
- He should be able to provide you with a List of Overdue Invoices and Outstanding Expenses every Week
- He should be able to explain the bottom line on How much you are making every month.
- He should be able to facilitate Service Tax Payments every month and Prepare and File VAT/ Service Tax Returns
- He should be able to facilitate T.D.S Payments every month and Prepare and File T.D.S Returns