GST for Super Markets:
Goods and Services tax is expected to be rolled out for supermarkets between April 2017 – September 2017. If you are running a Supermarket in India, You might be preparing for the transition from VAT to GST. This post gives a quick headsup on what is to come and what needs to be attended while you move to GST from VAT.
VAT Vs. GST
How to move from VAT to GST
- If you are registered with VAT and have a valid PAN, you will automatically be migrated to GST
- A Provisional Certificate of Registration will be issued in GST REG-21
- You have to submit and apply for Registration by submitting REG-20 Form within 6 months
- After submission, you will be issued a Final Registration Certificate in REG-06
- GST for Supermarkets is different than previous taxes.
Which is the best GST Software to use for Super Markets?
As all the Tax Filings will have to be done electronically, its important to choose your accounting software wisely.
Tally is the old fashioned legacy software of India. Though its widely used, It has disadvantages of not being on the cloud and compromises security. If you are considering a GST software, It will be wise to move to a Cloud based Accounting System which has the capabilities to manage a supermarket
Reach is the only Online Accounting Software with GST Capabilities and ability to give you features specific to supermarkets. To get a quick demo of our product, you can Visit www.reachaccountant.com
What are the Changes to the Customer Bill under GST?
Rules for the Bill to be issued under GST
The following details should be displayed in the Tax Invoice
- The Tax Invoice should have unique serial numbers (number or Alpha numeric)
- The State Name and State Code Should be mentioned
- GST Identification Number should be displayed
- HSN Code for the product/ service needs to be mentioned
- Taxable value after deducting discount should be displayed
- The State GST, Central GST and Integrated GST should be shown seperately
- GST for Supermarkets is different.
What Returns have to be filed under GST by Manufacturers?
- 10th of every month, you will declare your sales in GSTR-1
- Between 11th – 15th, Your purchase (inward supply) will get auto-populated and you are allowed to make corrections in GSTR-2A
- On 20th, the auto-populated GSTR-3 will be available for filing and payment
What will happen to the balance of input tax credit pending currently?
You are allowed to carry forward the balance CENVAT credit (provided it is allowed as input under GST). To avail the credit, make sure the last filed VAT returns denotes the available credit.