Cloud storage helps you store your data externally so you can access it from anywhere and device like cellular phone, laptop, tab and iPad. It is like an easy backup or your data as in case your hard disc crashes you can always restore it from cloud and it provides better security to your data.
How is it better than conventional storage?
- No cost of hardware
- Any number of users can access at the same time
- Can be accessed from any device
- Data is protected from hard disc crashes
- Data is protected from intruders inside the office
- Can scale up to multi-branch and multi-location without investment in servers. LAN and wires
- An external hacker might have an access to your data by breaching your security
- It can also be an inside job as an insider might manage to breach and watch your data
- Any mishap could befall on any business
- The servers could be down and disrupt your access to your data
- Your application security due to deployment and maintenance of the servers
- An intruder manages to access to your data
How to save yourself from these threats?
The possible threats have been made clear but there is always a way to gain more security and keep your data more secured, here are some of the hacks:
- User based access controls
- Ability to see trial of activities real time
- No one has access to your organization unless invited by you and with a level of user permission selected by you so they are restricted from entering into your more than you allow them.
- You can remove any invited users whenever you want
- You also have an option to activate a one-time password (OTP) facility whereby the system sends as SMS of a OTP anytime someone tries to log-in to your account out of your office or after office hours
How do we control personnel security breach?
- Keycard protocols, biometric scanning protocols and around-the-clock interior and exterior surveillance at Rackspace and at our development centre
- Access limited to authorized data center personnel; no one else can enter the production area without prior clearance and appropriate escort
- Every data center employee undergoes multiple and through background security checks before hire
How do we control physical destruction?
- All customer data is backed up daily (once in three hours)
- We also run a continuous off site data back-up service into a second Rackspace facility for further real-time data protection.
- If you want to get your data out of Reach at any time then you can simply use the trial balance and detailed general ledger reports to export your data to excel
- You can also set daily auto backup emails to your emailbox
How do we ensure 99% uptime?
- 100%network uptime
It is guaranteed with us that our data center network will be available 100% of the time in a given month, excluding scheduled maintenance. The data center network means the portion of the Rackspace network extending from the outbound port on your edge device to the outbound port of the data center border router and includes Rackspace managed switches, routers, cabling.
We guaranty that our data HVAC power will be functioning 100% of the time in a given month, excluding scheduled maintenance. Power includes UPSs, PDUs and cabling, but does not include the power supplies on your servers. Infrastructure downtime exists when a particular server is shut down due to power or heat problems.
Our company guarantees that the functioning of all server hardware components and will replace any failed component at no cost. ”œHardware” means the processors, RAM, hard disks, motherboard, NIC card and other related hardware included with the server. Hardware replacement will begin once we identify the cause of the problem. Hardware replacement is guaranteed to be complete within one hour of problem identification.
Control application level security:
- All communication between your browser and Reach servers is encrypted using high grade 256 bit encryption
- Application built ground-on for SaaS usage with multi-tenancy architecture
- Facility to configure comprehensive user and password policies
- Systematic handling of all web application vulnerability scanning, schedule OS security updates & patches, log analysis and server monitoring
Control of server level security:
- N+1 reduntant HVAC (Heating ventilation air conditioning) system, ensuring duplicate system immediately comes online should there be an HVAC system failure
- Every 90 seconds, all air is circulated and filtered to remove dust and contaminants
- Advanced fire suppression systems
- Fully reduntant, enterprise-class routing equipment only fiber carriers enter at disparate points to guard against service failure
- UPS (Uninterruptible power supply) for all servers
- N+1 redundant UPS power subsystem, with instantaneous failover if the primary UPS fails
- If an extended utility power outage occurs, our routinely tested, on-site diesel generators can run indefinitely
Management of network security
- Always high performance bandwidth
- 9 network providers, for multiple redundancies
- 219 CDN edge locations on 6 continents optimize content delivery: North America 77, Europe 36. Asia-Pacific 70, Africa 17, South America 15, Middle East 4
- Fiber carriers enter at disparate points to guard against failure
- Network topology and configuration automatically improves in real time
- Configuration, co-developed with cisco, guards against single points of failure at the shared at the shared network level (extendable to your VLAN environment)
- Cisco and Arbor networks work with us to continually improve monitoring and security
For more information click here
For 15 days free trial click on>> demo